Cause And Effect Of Smoking Essay: Smoking is dangerous to health. Tobacco contains a poisonous substance called nicotine. Once a smoker develops a physical dependence on nicotine, a road to self-destruction has opened.
Young people feel that start once they start smoking; they have gained a place in the advice of an older smoker, his sincere advice would be Don’t start it. From the information, we gathered we find out that over twelve thousand (12,000); people die every day of smoking-related diseases.
Check Out ===== Why Is Sleep Important?
Dangers Of Smoking
1. Tissue damage: Alveoli is enlarged and become ruptured. Arterioles of the lungs because thickened. The cilia and the protective cells of the mucose in the trachea and bronchi; are destroyed by the heat and chemicals in the smoke.
These are the structures that cleanse and lubricate the respiratory tract and help to prevent infection.
2. The respiratory trachea is often irritated leading to coughing. It aggravates asthma.
3. Smoking causes lip, tongue, lung and bladder cancer.
4. Chronic bronchitis, peptic ulcer, diseases of ciated with smoking.
5. It causes stomach discomfort, headache, and nervousness. This leads to memory loss.
6. Smoking is a dirty habit. Fingers and teeth are stained. Breath has an unpleasant smell.
7. It causes discomfort to non-smokers.
8. It is an expensive habit involving the spending of money. The money which the smoker would have used for the feeding; and education of his family is being wasted on smoking.
Cause And Effect Of Smoking Essay
On this point let’s outline the major Cause And Effect Of Smoking Essay one after another.
Smoking can also affect men’s sperm, which can reduce fertility and also increase risks for birth defects and miscarriage.
Smoking is a cause of rheumatoid arthritis.
They are also at greater risk for broken bones.
Smoking affects the health of your teeth and gums and can cause tooth loss.
Smoking can increase your risk for cataracts (clouding of the eye’s lens that makes it hard for you to see).
It can affect bone health.
Smoking is a cause of type 2 diabetes mellitus and can make it harder to control. The risk of developing diabetes is 30–40% higher for active smokers than nonsmokers.
Smoking causes general adverse effects on the body, including inflammation and decreased immune function.
Women past childbearing years who smoke have weaker bones than women who never smoked.
It can also cause age-related macular degeneration (AMD). AMD is damage to a small spot near the center of the retina, the part of the eye needed for central vision.
Prevention Of Smoking
Now, we are going to look at how you can be able to prevent smoking.
An anti-smoking campaign must be carried out using the news media; (radio, television, and newspapers) by various governments (local; state and federal) on the harmful effects of smoking.
Government as a matter of deliberate policy should ban cigarettes and; tobacco advertisements in all news media and public places.
Smoking should not be allowed in working places.
Teachers should not be allowed to smoke in the school compound as children easily imitate habits.
Parents who smoke should stop the habit from them.
The establishment of new cigarette industries should not be encouraged by the government. The imposition of a heavy tax on a cigarette is thereby to increase; the price of cigarette thereby discourage people from smoking.
People below the age of 18 years should not be allowed to buy a cigarette.
Every packet of cigarette must carry a warning sign that cigarette is dangerous to your health.